This is a 35 day holiday for Alex and I.
Our itinerary includes two weeks in New York City, a weekend in Washington then five nights each in Las Vegas, San Francisco and finally Los Angeles.
The full USA series can be read further under the following:
- Melbourne Australia to New York with United Airlines
- Arriving in America
- Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York
- Central Park and 5th Avenue
- Midtown Manhattan including the Rockefeller Centre and Times Square
- Wall Street and the High Line
- Bronx Zoo and the Guggenheim Museum
- Statue of Liberty and 9/11 Memorial
- Chrysler Building, Macy’s department store and US Open Tennis
- Central Park and Roosevelt Island Tram
- New York City – Circle Line Harbor Lights Cruise
- Aircraft Carrier Intrepid and Metro Bus Tour of downtown Manhattan
- Brooklyn Bridge and Coney Island
- The Lion King and Empire State Building
- New York City highlights
- New York to Washington DC
- Washington Smithsonian Museums and the Capitol Building
- Georgetown, Washington DC
- Washington DC to Las Vegas
- Hoover Dam
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Las Vegas hotels and casinos from Caesars Palace to Wynn
- Las Vegas casinos including New York-New York, MGM Grand and Paris
- The Vegas Show and Bellagio Fountains
- Las Vegas to San Francisco
This was a 9 day holiday Alex and I took in December 2010.
We flew into Hobart, hired a car and travelled around Tasmania visiting places including Port Arthur, Strahan and Launceston.
- Tasmania Australia from Hobart to Launceston via Strahan
- Hobart and Port Arthur
- Port Arthur Historic Site and Richmond Bridge
- Port Arthur Historic Site, Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia
Our Royal Caribbean Cruise was a cruise up the east coast of Australia from Sydney to Cairns (return).
Stops include Brisbane, Airlie Beach, Willis Island (Whitsundays), Cairns and Newcastle.
We travelled on Radiance of the Sea and paid AUD$1,725.00 each for our balcony suite.
The Royal Caribbean cruise series can be read here:
- Royal Carribean Radiance of the Seas
- Departing Melbourne for Sydney to board our Royal Carribean Cruise
- Sydney to Brisbane (daytime)
- Sydney to Brisbane (evening)
- Brisbane Australia (daytime)
- Brisbane Australia (evening)
- Brisbane to Airlie Beach (daytime)
- Brisbane to Airlie Beach (evening)
- Airlie Beach, Whitsunday region, Queensland Australia (daytime)
- Airlie Beach, Whitsundays, Queensland Australia (evening)
- Christmas day at sea Cruising Willis Island (daytime)
- Christmas day at sea cruising Willis Island (evening)
- Cairns, Queensland Australia (daytime)
- Cairns, Queensland Australia (evening)
- Cairns to Newcastle via Whitsunday Islands (daytime)
- Cairns to Newcastle via Whitsunday Islands (evening)
- Cairns to Newcastle (daytime)
- Cairns to Newcastle (evening)
- Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia (daytime)
- Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia (evening)
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Alex and I spent a week in Singapore. The full Singapore series can be read under:
A month long trip from north – south Vietnam partly on my own and partly with my brother and his girlfriend.
The Vietnam series can be read under:
- A Vietnam holiday just like they did in Top Gear
- Departing Melbourne for Bangkok, Thailand and our holiday takes off
- Bangkok, Thailand by boat, taxi and tuk-tuk
- Wat we did in Bangkok, Thailand is Wat Pho and Wat Intharawihan
- From Hanoi Vietnam with love
- Hanoi, Vietnam to Ha Long Bay on a Honda Motorbike
- Bye Bye Honda Motorbike…hello Ha Long Bay
- Ha Long Bay, Vietnam – a magnificent World Heritage Site
- From Ha Long Bay to Hanoi and overnight to Hue on the Reunification Express
- Hue, Vietnam and the royal tombs of Emperor Minh Mang and Emperor Khai Dinh
- Hue, Vietnam and its walled Citadel and Imperial City by cyclo
- Moving from one UNESCO world heritage listed site to another, Hue to Hoi An
- A day trip from Hoi An to My Son ruins a perfectly good day
- Overnight sleeper bus from Hoi An to Nha Trang
- Just another AFL grand final day in Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Nha Trang beachside, recovery day after the AFL Grand Final
- Vinpearl Island / Vinpearl Land / Vinpearl Amusement Park – just take the means of conveyance to the large scale facilities
- Mui Ne, Vietnam – beach, beach bungalow and whole lot of relaxing
- Mui Ne, Vietnam and the fishing village, white and red sands and Fairy River
- Mui Ne to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam – from beautiful beach to bustling city
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and its museums
- Ho Chi Minh City for a pedicure/manicure/massage and the Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre
- Mekong Delta, Vietnam exploring the tributaries and canals around My Tho, Ben Tre and Can Tho
- Mekong Delta, Vietnam and the floating markets of Can Tho
- Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau and a beautiful beachside town
- Vung Tau to Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), Vietnam
- Khao San Road, Bangkok, Thailand
- Bangkok Thailand hotels and shopping at the MBK Centre
My first trip to Bali was in the early 1990’s with a girlfriend.
Alex’s first trip to Bali was about the same time, in 1991. Alex also went with a girlfriend (a girlfriend who was not me).
I guess a lot might have changed in Bali since then… and not just Alex’s girlfriend.
I guess Alex and I will find out as we spend a week at the Grand Balisani Suites Hotel in the more quieter area of Seminyak.
The full Bali series can be read under: